Want to be a part of the Board of CBS Sport?
Now you have the opportunity to get influence on what happens in CBS Sport, continue the clubs development and improve your personal skills.
Some of our existing board members has announced their leave after several years on the board. Therefore, we are looking for new members to carry on the job.
The openings are ordinary board members, as well as the positions as Vice Chairman and CFO/Cashier.
As a board member, you will have the responsibility for the daily management of CBS Sport. This include many different tasks such as event coordination with the event volunteers, handling the purchasing process, promotion of the club, and contact with sponsor and other partners. Furthermore, you will have the contact with the responsible for ones or two sports.
We expect that:
- You want to make a difference for CBS Sport and for the benefit of our members
- You will approach the task with dedication
- You are responsible and structured about your tasks
- You have great collaborative skills
- You have interest and some kind of knowledge in management
- You commit for at least 1 or 2 years (ordinary board members are elected for 1 year, vice chairman and cashier for 2 years)
If you run for the position as CFO/Cashier we expect you to have knowledge (theoretical or practical) about accounting. As CFO/Cashier, you will also have weekly contact with our administrative employee.
The board consists of former and current students at CBS. Board meetings are once a month, and the work is voluntary.
General responsibilities of the board
The board must set and actualize the short and long-term goals for CBS Sport:
- Ensure adequate financial resources
- Develop the annual budget and ensure that proper financial controls are in place
- Managing the day to day operations
- Responsible for the sports offered by CBS Sport
- Responsible for the events hosted by CBS Sport
- Delegate and coordinate the tasks and activities within CBS Sport
- Sponsor and stakeholders management
Being a part of the board can give you vital experiences. You will get experience within these fields:
- Finance and budgeting
- Project Management
- Volunteer Management
- Further process
If you are interested in running for the board of CBS Sport or want to know more, then contact chairman Stine Corlin Christensen at email@example.com.
The election will take place on the Annual General Meeting 2nd of April 2014 at 6 pm. More info about the AGM will be published within soon.