Are you the new General Manager for CBS Sport?
CBS Sport is looking for a new head of our Executive Management team. This is a great opportunity to become part of one of the largest student organizations at CBS and at the same time gain vital experience with leadership and volunteer management.
As General Manager you will lead our Executive Management team and be responsible for the day to day management of the club. You will be working closely with the Board, who will support you in overseeing the different tasks they command the Executive Management. You will coordinate the work in and between the members of your team and secure communication throughout the organization – from the board to the executive management and our volunteers and members.
- Executive Management: You will head up the Executive Management of the club, which currently consists of the following positions: General Manager, Sports Manager, Event Manager, Sponsor Manager, Marketing and Communication Manager, HR Manager, IT Manager and Society Manager.
- Daily management: Your responsibility is to coordinate the different tasks and responsibilities in the Executive Management. This includes the tasks related to the daily management as well as various ad hoc activities. It is important that you have an overview of all the activities and follow up with your team on execution of their tasks/responsibilities. The responsibilities of the Executive Management includes the sports offers by CBS Sports, internal and external events, marketing of the club, communication with CBS, other student organizations as well as CBS Sport’s partners.
- Executive Management meeting: You will be responsible for the organization of the Executive Management meeting. The team meets once every month to discuss the current status and future outlook of CBS Sport. The Executive Management meets with the board 2-4 times a year.
- Communication to and from the Board: You are the link between the Board and the Executive Management. This means that you participate in the board meetings, giving a status on the management tasks as well as securing information from the Board to the Management and vice versa.
Being a part of the Executive Management will give you vital experiences in:
- Project Management
- Volunteer Management
- Presentation skills
- Teamwork and social skills
- You take responsibility for your tasks and have a high level of engagement
- You are a team player and demonstrate initiative
- You are structured and have a great overview of the tasks for you and your team
- You have the ability to build relationships
- You have a passion for volunteer management
- It will also be an advantage if you are a member of CBS Sport, but it is not a requirement
- Danish proficiency it is an advantage but not a requirement
- You are ready to put in at least 10 hours/week
BEING A VOLUNTEER IN CBS SPORT
Besides gaining valuable skills for your CV, you will become part of a large network of enthusiastic and awesome volunteers. You will be working closely with the Management team, the board, and the many sports volunteers who work hard every week to provide great sports opportunities for our members. Furthermore, you are invited to our volunteer team-building events twice a year and other ongoing social activities for our members and volunteers.
If you are interested in the position, please send a short motivation letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application General Manager” no later than January 29th, 2017.
If you have any further questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Chairman Stine Corlin Christensen at email@example.com or 29 72 73 94 (after 17.00).