Are you the new HR Manager for CBS Sport?
Are you eager to get a feel of the different aspects of operations and develop some of the most important skills it takes to work within HR? With our current HR manager leaving for exchange in Canada, this is an opportunity to become part of the largest student organization at CBS and at the same time gain vital experience with HR, leadership, and volunteer management.
As HR Manager you will be responsible for recruitment, satisfaction, and retention of volunteers in CBS Sport. Already numbering +75 dedicated volunteers, CBS Sport is an ambitious organization looking to continue its growth and increase its focus on developing the competencies of the many different types of volunteers. As HR Manager you will meet and engage with a lot of different people, both inside and outside of CBS Sport, and work to assist driven and dedicated people in achieving their full potential.
- Recruitment: You will be responsible for establishing processes to assist in the recruitment of new volunteers and will personally be involved in all major recruitments for leadership positions. You will also assist the Board in more direct recruitment methods for specific profiles. Additionally, you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of role descriptions within the organization.
- Satisfaction and retention: CBS Sport is a diverse club with volunteers covering eight sports in both leadership and operational roles. These volunteers are all part of the club to make an impact, gain experience, and unleash their potential whether that be as a coach, a manager, or a sports responsible. You will be tasked with managing a volunteer satisfaction survey and work to implement initiatives to ensure they have the best conditions to perform. In addition you will be responsible for retention initiatives such as our ‘volunteer of the year’ award and work with the Chairman to ensure we appraise our many volunteers.
- Executive Management Member: The HR Manager is an integral part of the Executive Management Team at CBS Sport, which is a team of 9 people responsible for the daily operations of the club. The Executive Management Team meets once every month to discuss the current status and future outlook of CBS Sport, as well as aligning opinions and deciding on the direction for the club. Once every third month, the Executive Management Team meets with the Board of Directors.
Being a part of the Executive Management will give you vital experiences:
- Leadership experience
- Stakeholder management and cross-function collaboration
- Recruitment experience
- Retention and satisfaction strategies
- Experience in the field of Project Management
- Experience in the field of Volunteer Management
- Presentation skills
- Teamwork and social skills
- Interested in HR and eager to learn through hands-on experience
- You are a team player and demonstrate initiative
- You take responsibility for your tasks and have a high level of engagement
- You have a passion for volunteer management
- It will also be an advantage if you have knowledge about CBS Sport, but it is not a requirement
- If you speak Danish it is an advantage but not a requirement
- You are ready to put in around 10 hours/week
Being a Volunteer in CBS Sport
Besides gaining valuable skills for your CV, you will become a part of a large network of enthusiastic and motivated volunteers. You will be working closely with the other Executive Management members, the Board of CBS Sport, and the many sport volunteers who work hard every week to provide great sporting opportunities for our members. Furthermore, you are invited to our volunteer team-building events twice a year, as well as other ongoing social activities for our members and volunteers.
If you are interested in the position, please send a short motivation letter and a CV to email@example.com with the subject “Application HR Manager” no later than May 1st.
If you have any further questions about the position, you are welcome to contact General Manager Anine Bundgård at firstname.lastname@example.org.