Are you the new Social Manager for CBS Sport?
Are you a genius when it comes to getting projects off the ground? Do you prefer keeping the overview and delegating tasks, but not being afraid to lend a hand yourself? Do you enjoy bringing people together, whether it is an inspirational lecture, a team-building event, or a Friday bar? And are you looking for a place to try out your own ideas, test out your management skills, and gain both practical insights and volunteer experience? Then you could be our new Social Manager at CBS Sport!
The Social Manager is responsible for all internal events for members and volunteers. With the club already numbering +75 dedicated volunteers and +450 active members, CBS Sport is looking for a person to play a key part in developing a community around CBS Sport. The Social Manager will be a catalyst in building events that contribute to establishing strong relationships and fostering good spirits within the organization, and will be part of an visionary management team that looks to create a university-centered sports club.
- CBS Sport volunteer events: You will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing various events targeted the volunteers of CBS Sport. These can be of a professional nature, such as courses and lectures to advance their leadership skills or provide inspiration, or they can be more social such as teambuilding events. The purpose of these events is to strengthen the volunteer community around the club, give something back to the volunteers, and provide a network of like-minded individuals who are passionate about what they do, both within the club and outside it.
- CBS Sport member events: In addition to the volunteer events, you will also be responsible for the social events for the club. This has historically been biannual volunteer parties (summer party and Christmas party) as well as several, more relaxed Friday bars during the year. These events are potentially open to all our +450 members and they are an important way to strengthen the pan CBS Sport club feeling and for our members to meet new people and have fun.
- Executive Management Member: The Social Manager is an integral part of the Executive Management Team at CBS Sport, which is a team of 9 people responsible for the daily operations of the club. The Executive Management Team meets once every month to discuss the current status and future outlook of CBS Sport, as well as aligning opinions and deciding on the direction for the club. Once every third month, the Executive Management Team meets with the Board of Directors.
Being a part of the Executive Management will give you vital experiences:
- Leadership experience
- Experience in the field of Project Management
- Experience in the field of Volunteer Management
- Presentation skills
- Teamwork and social skills
- You are a team player and demonstrate initiative
- You take responsibility for your tasks and have a high level of engagement
- You have previous experience organizing and executing events
- You have a passion for volunteer management
- It will also be an advantage if you have knowledge about CBS Sport, but it is not a requirement
- If you speak Danish it is an advantage but not a requirement
- You are ready to put in around 7-10 hours/week
Being a Volunteer in CBS Sport
Besides gaining valuable skills for your CV, you will become a part of a large network of enthusiastic and motivated volunteers. You will be working closely with the other Executive Management members, the Board of CBS Sport, and the many sport volunteers who work hard every week to provide great sporting opportunities for our members. Furthermore, you are invited to our volunteer team-building events twice a year, as well as other ongoing social activities for our members and volunteers.
If you are interested in the position, please send a short motivation letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application Social Manager” no later than May 5th.
If you have any further questions about the position, you are welcome to contact General Manager Anine Bundgård at email@example.com.