So how did the workshop go?
On Saturday the 25th of May the Board held a workshop concerning the Sports Pool and the question of equity and investment, both which caused big debate at the Annual General Meeting on the 4th of April.
The Sports Pool
The first goal for the workshop was to figure out guidelines for the Sports Pool, so that the members of the Board could continue the work on implementing the Sports Pool in a fashion that complies with the view of the members of CBS Sport.
The recommendations from the workshop was:
- The Sports Pool shall be open for applications 4 times a year.
- Every member of CBS Sport can apply
- An application consists of a motivated letter and a budget.
- The Board decides which applications gets funding, based on the motivated letter and the budget
- The Sports Pool will be approx. DKK 10,000 – 25,000 a year.
- The Sports Pool is a part of the Boards budget.
- If the Sports Pool has to cease existing, as a cause of financial struggle in CBS Sport, the decision needs to be communicated through every communication channel available to the Board of CBS Sport (Facebook, newsletter, Annual General Meeting etc.)
- The money can be used for a sport (can be divided so that it is only for one gender). The goal of the application must be to strengthen the sports departments in an extraordinary way, i.e. by doing teambuilding or sports trips
CBS Sport consists at the moment of 7 sports, and the 7 sports each have their own budget and equity, which the board only help administrate. On top of that, the board has equity. That equity and how it should be used was the second topic of the workshop discussion.
The discussions concerning future investment brought thefollowing;
- The sports having a vast and consistent surplus should be encouraged (in particular by the Board) to use their money for investments in their sport.
- An investment could be communication both internally and externally.
- An investment could be in a sketch of our suggestions for CBS’ new campus.
Thank you to all the participants
It was a nice day and we thank the attendees for participating. The Board always welcomes suggestions from members, so do not hesitate to contact a Board Member, if you have any suggestions to, or comments on the above.
Future events like this workshop will be communicated through the newsletter, so make sure that you’re signed up!