Volunteer of the Year: Cecilie Rasmussen
As tradition goes, CBS Sport had the pleasure of honoring the Volunteer of the Year in collaboration with our main sponsor Danske Bank, at the annual Christmas Party in Valby on the 29th of November.
Once again this year, we had a long list of nominees who all made a noticeable effort in taking this club to new heights, and thus were nominated for the award by fellow members. Despite tough competition between all the nominees, the outcome of this year’s award was never really hard to determine. Not only did she get the most nominations from fellow members, but the jury also reached consensus when the winner was to be found, based on the realization that her efforts should indeed be rewarded with the prize.
Congratulations, Cecilie Rasmussen – and thank you for all your contributions to the club!
Some of the appreciative words said about the winner include:
- “Willingness and dedication like Cecilie’s is rarely found and any club should be lucky to have volunteers half as dedicated. As webmaster she makes sure that the entire club is informed, when something new happens and she gladly helps all members with any little question that may come. But what truly makes her, not only volunteer of the year, but volunteer of the decade, is her effort as ‘Soccermom’ to all the female football players and every now and then to the guys as well. Everything is always taken care of and her main interest is always that we are all happy and looking forward to practice, games and social events. And you can always count on her to be present. CBS Sport would not be the same without her.”
- “Cecilie is an obvious choice for Nominee of the Year for all the hard work she has contributed with since she joined CBS Sport.”
- “She is a person that will always help you with open arms no matter what question you ask, and the administration and Football department have often benefitted from that.”
- “Cecilie is one of the most committed and passionate volunteers in CBS Sport and has been so for many years. She deserves this prize, because a lot of her work is “behind the scenes”, and she never expects any credit in return for doing it.”
- “Besides her team leader job, she is a relentless Bødekassemester, tough but fair, and makes sure that there’s always money to be spend on social events on the team.”
Once again, a massive thank you goes out to the deserved winner of the 2014 Volunteer of the Year award: Cecilie Rasmussen!