Are you the new Society Manager for CBS Sport?
This is a great opportunity to become part of one of the largest student organizations at CBS and at the same time gain vital experience with leadership and volunteer management.
As Society Manager you will be CBS Sport’s representative at the CBS Student Network and be responsible for CBS Sport’s participating in the networking events. You will also be responsible for one of the most important events in CBS Sport: the intro presentations for the new bachelor students. As Society Manager you will meet and corporate with a lot of different people both inside and outside of CBS Sport.
- CBS Student Network: You will be CBS Sport’s represented in the CBS Student Network. The network consists of all the student organizations at CBS. The network meets four times a year to plan the network events and discuss assignments for the coming months, share ideas and knowledge, and of course to create network and cooperation between the student organizations. As part of the Student Network you will get to know a lot of enthusiastic volunteers from the other organizations. The network’s most important tasks are the Student Society Day and the Network Booklet, which helps promote the student organizations to the new students at CBS.
- Intro presentations: CBS Sport is present at all intro presentations for the bachelor students at CBS. This is one of the best ways to get the club exposed to the new students. Your job will be to plan the program for the presentations together with CBS Students and create CBS Sport’s part of the presentation. You will also be responsible for recruitment and coordination of the volunteers who will represent CBS Sport, and it is a great advantage if you participate yourself. Furthermore, you have to coordinate with the Sports Committee to ensure that you have the right information to pass on to the volunteers.
- Executive Management Member: The Society Manager is part of the Executive Management at CBS Sport, which consists of the following positions: Sports Manager, Event Manager, Sponsor Manager, Marketing and Communication Manager, HR Manager, IT Manager and Society Manager. The Executive Management meets once every month to discuss the current status and future outlook of CBS Sport. Once every third month, the executive management meets with the board of directors.
Being a part of the Executive Management will give you vital experiences:
- Leadership experience
- Experience in the field of Project Management
- Experience in the field of Volunteer Management
- Presentation skills
- Teamwork and social skills
- You have the ability to build relationships
- It will also be an advantage if you have knowledge about CBS Sport, but it is not a requirement
- You are a team player and demonstrate initiative
- You take responsibility for your tasks and have a high level of engagement
- You have a passion for volunteer management
- If you speak Danish it is an advantage but not a requirement
- You are ready to put in around 10 hours/week
BEING A VOLUNTEER IN CBS SPORT
Besides gaining valuable skills for your CV, you will become a part of a large network of enthusiastic and awesome volunteers. You will be working closely with the Executive Management members, the board of CBS Sport, and the many sport volunteers who work hard every week to provide great sport opportunities for our members. Furthermore, you are invited to our volunteer team-building events twice a year, and other ongoing social activities for our members and volunteers.
If you are interested in the position, please send a short motivation letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application Society Manager” no later than October 1st
If you have any further questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Chairman Stine Corlin Christensen at email@example.com or 29 72 73 94 (after 16.00).